Day 01: Drive from Kathmandu to Sankhu takes approximately one hour and trek
from Sankhu to Nagarkot takes about three and half hours. Stay overnight at
hotel in Nagarkot.
Day 02: Trek from Nagarkot to
Changunarayan takes approximately three and half hours and drive from
Changunarayan to Kathmandu takes about one and half hours.
Day 01: Drive from Kathmandu to Sankhu takes approximately one hour and trek from Sankhu to Nagarkot takes about three and half hours.
Day 02: Trek from Nagarkot to Changunarayan takes approximately three and half hours and drive from Changunarayan to Kathmandu takes about one and half hours.
The most popular walk leads down from Nagarkot along a ridge to the temple of Changunarayan with views of Sankhu village to the right and Bhaktapur to the left. Changunarayan is situated at the end of a long ridge which runs well into the valley. It is said to have been built in 323 AD by King Hari Datta Varma. The temple is richly decorated with sculptures and carvings. It is said to be the oldest temple in the valley. After excursion in and around Changunarayan you board the vehicle to get back to Kathmandu.
The Trip includes following services:
- Airport pick-up and drop-off services by private A/C car or Van
- One trekking guide/s
- Porter/s (1 porter carries 25 kilograms of luggage)
- All meals three times a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Accommodation in tea houses (lodges) or Camping camping arrangements during the trek
- Sleeping bags, down jackets, duffel bags and trekking sticks if required
- Entry Permit
- Trekkers' Information Management system (TIMS) card
- All land transportation
- Insurance and equipment's for the guide and porter
- First aid kit
- Rescue assistance (Should any emergency arise during your trek, we will provide prompt and professional rescue and medical services. For this, it would be better to have your own travel insurance that can cover helicopter evacuation and medical treatment cost in case required.
- One farewell dinner in Kathmandu with live cultural performance at authentic Nepali restaurant on the last evening
- Souvenir (t-shirt, mug, pen, bag, etc.)
- All tax, VAT and company service charge
The Trip does not include:
- Personal nature expenses
- Drinks, beverages, hot shower, etc.
- Travel insurance
- Meals & hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
Note: There are different categories of Hotels in Kathmandu ranging from budget to 5 star hotels. We are happy to arrange your hotel accommodation in Kathmandu as per your interest and budget. Please inform us in advance about the type or category or price range of hotel that you would like to stay in.